1. List the tasks you’ve been working on this week
I had a wonderful brainstorming meeting with Thomas D., one of my senior servers. Our goal was to determine the overall structure of the program so that I can create an effective and representative prototype. Along the way we had several good ideas about how to develop the fishing theme I introduced last week. I also read through the simulation chapter of our textbook very carefully since this is the chapter that most pertains to my project.
2. Consider the progress you have made this week. Think about concepts, issues, and difficulties you have encountered as well as any decisions you made during the project. Mark “X” on the items below that you reflected upon.
- Insufficient or inapplicable knowledge of skills
- Related prior experience
- Taken-for-granted beliefs and personal values
- Goals, Criteria, and Constraints of the project – X
- Client/stakeholders/users – X
- Implementation Context
- Available Time
- Available Resources/Budget
- Teamwork Dynamic – X
3. For each item you checked above, describe any difficulties or concerns you encountered, the actions you took to deal with them, and your future plans in this particular area.
GOALS, CRITERIA, AND CONSTRAINTS OF THE PROJECT
In my meeting with Thomas D. we considered these concepts to brainstorm our theme and structure. I then used these in the creation of my prototype.
My client may technically be Dave Krut and Debbie Chisolm at St. Vincent de Paul, but I feel the ideas generated from meeting with Thomas D. will be very appealing to everyone involved. I will try to find some time to run the prototype and updated screenshots with them in the coming week or two.
It is a significant advantage to me that I know the families of the altar servers with whom I’m working. Being a member of the parish has also been very beneficial. Each Sunday I can watch the servers and look for ideas and afterwards I often have an opportunity to chat with them. Most importantly, this advantage leads to a positive and encouraging team dynamic all around.
4. Other thoughts about your project or any help you need.
- I am now ready to show the prototype to Dave Krut so I hope he will have some time in the coming week or so to give his feedback. I feel a little better this week because I have been doing some designing in Captivate as I go along in order to capture ideas, but I haven’t gone so far that changes would hold me back considerably; I only have a few slides that can be easily modified if necessary.
- Our theme, fishing, comes from a recent homily given by Fr. Adrian Pleus, our priest. This is a common Christian theme that is forefront in our minds from this recent homily and it indirectly develops the goal of promoting vocations among altar servers and connecting the service to scripture.