1.  List the tasks you’ve been working on this week

Well I made it to the Studio Showcase with the vast majority of the functionality I had planned.  I programmed a b’jillion advanced actions to bring about the decisions in the “Testing the Waters” simulation.  This was my first foray into conditional advanced actions and they worked perfectly for the interactions I was seeking.  Then I created more advanced actions for the help functionality.

Fishing for the 21st Century:  St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Senior Altar Server Training

Fishing for the 21st Century: St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Senior Altar Server Training

2.  Consider the progress you have made this week.  Think about concepts, issues, and difficulties you have encountered as well as any decisions you made during the project.  Mark “X” on the items below that you reflected upon.

  • Insufficient or inapplicable knowledge of skills
  • Related prior experience
  • Feelings – X
  • Attitudes
  • Taken-for-granted beliefs and personal values
  • Goals, Criteria, and Constraints of the project
  • Client/stakeholders/users – X
  • Implementation Context
  • Available Time
  • Available Resources/Budget
  • Teamwork Dynamic

3.  For each item you checked above, describe any difficulties or concerns you encountered, the actions you took to deal with them, and your future plans in this particular area.

Feelings

After a lot of work, I am feeling completely thrilled that I was able to execute what I had planned and conveyed to my client.

CLIENT/STAKEHOLDERS/USERS

This week the priest at St. Vincent de Paul continues to recover well from his surgery.  My main SME, Dave, came through his open heart surgery and is back home to recover a week later.  I was able to bring him and his family dinner tonight as well as a sneak peek at the project.  Make no mistake, he is NOT ready to do any alpha testing at this time – I will need to complete it without him.  He is also not ready to record the remaining audio edits.

4.  OTHER THOUGHTS ABOUT YOUR PROJECT OR ANY HELP YOU NEED.

The Achilles Heel of this project has definitely been its size and scope.  I don’t see any way I could have trimmed it, but with over 150 slides, it has been essential that I determine how I’m going to proceed completely so I don’t end up making a hundred repeated changes that could have been handled in the first or second iteration.

I still have a few tasks to complete:

AUDIO CORRECTIONS

  • Slides 17 & 55:  Change “Sacramentary” to “Roman Missal” in the audio (Dave)
  • Slide 29:  Change “signaled by the priest” to the corrected transcript (Dave)
  • 60-64:  Somehow the audio is gone – rerecord for these slides (Dave)

STILL TO DO

  • Finish the help (incorporating suggestions – it’s easier to change it now than when I have 150ish slides to change!)
  • Set up the certificate (Thursday)
  • Add in bonus content (enrichment during the first half – not critical but a nice touch that I want to add before delivering the program)
  • Modify pictures that need a priest (Fr. Adrian)
  • Minor photo edits and any content adjustments once I get early feedback
Advertisements