The goal for this program is to provide the necessary training for candle bearer altar servers to advance in rank to senior servers at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
- The server will be able to explain the roles and responsibilities of both candle bearers and senior servers.
- The server will be able to assess the performance of junior candle bearers throughout the Mass.
- The server will be able to tactfully recommend adjustments in junior candle bearer postures and movements throughout the Mass.
- The server will be able to identify the various vestments and vessels used during the Mass.
- The server will be able to define relevant terminology related to the Mass.
- The server will be able to illustrate the correct postures and movements of servers during all phases of the Mass.
- The server will further develop a strong value of service to the Church.
- The server will appreciate the importance of reverence during the Mass.